We have just completed our Academic Term focusing on the Tango Dimension Height and on Carlos Di Sarli orchestra. Time to review what you’ve learned!
Tango Dimension: Axis
In class, you’ve seen quite a few different concepts around the HEIGHT dimension. Click on the links to have access to all the class notes and videos for a quick refresher.
- Going down: Several steps around the milonguero dip.
- Going up: Changes of lane and cadencias.
- Crosses: Several variants of changes of height in the cross (very pretty).
- Colgadas: Colgadas are steps where partners “hang” from one another. In this class, we saw a simple colgada from an arrastre and a dramatic one from the cross.
- Single axis turns: Starting from the sandwich little turn, we explored several versions of single axis turns.
Orchestra of the month
- Tango tanda featuring el Pollo Ricado – quite a nervous tanda for Di Sarli.
- Orchestra fact: Bahia blanca…
- Orchestra fact: Meditacion.
- Orchestra fact As a child…
- Tango tanda featuring Duelo criollo.
- Orchestra fact The piano…
- Milonguero viejo song translation.
- Milonga tanda featuring entre pitada y pitada.
- Orchestra fact: 1919…
- Orchestra fact El Señor del tango…
- Tango tanda featuring Milonguero Viejo (which we’ve translated).
- Recording of Porteño and Bailarin.
New curriculum starts in September
Tango dimension: Speed
Tango dimension: TBC