Brace yourself for the most boring page of the site… by far. Ready? Inhale deeply, and jump in.
Last update: 20/05/2018.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We don’t spam you or the people you invite. Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains how your personal information is collected, and used by Tanguito.
We collect information from you in various ways when you register to our website or send us a mail, book a class or attend a milonga (where you give us your email address upon signing in). We collect personal information you provide to us directly in person or on our website such as name and email address, and phone number.
IF YOU PURCHASE SOMETHING ON OUR WEBSITE
Our website does not collect or store any credit or debit card numbers. For the actual card details collection and payment, you will be redirected to an external website – currently: either Worldpay / Cardsave or Paypal. Both Worldpay and Paypal are payment providers used by millions of businesses in the UK and worldwide. Once the payment is approved, you will be redirected to our website. At this stage, we only receive a ‘payment approved’ message from the payment provider, which allows us to complete your order.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your personal information to provide you with services, to operate and improve our website, to send you email messages (“Newsletters” or simply information-based emails), or for other purposes described in this Policy:
• to register for an account with us;
• to personalise your experience on our website – e.g., cart contents;
• to respond to the comments and questions you send to us; or to deliver messages and content you request;
• to send you information about new promotions, products, and services offered by Tanguito
We store personal information on servers in the United Kingdom.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We never share your name or email with a third party, except:
– in the case of sending out our newsletters: we use a reputable online newsletter system, ‘Campaign Monitor’ used by a very large number of other UK businesses (200,000 businesses including Unicef, Adidas…), to send out these emails; the emails are safe with them and never shared with a third party
– when you pay online (in which case your details are passed to the payment provider: Worldpay and Paypal) to make this payment possible
– to (a) comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process, or (b) in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency or protect the personal safety of any person
In this case we will share the personal information you provide only as necessary for the party above to provide that service.
Tanguito takes all security measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. NOTE THAT NO CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS EVER STORED BY TANGUITO.
If you use a password on our Site, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. Do not share it with any other person. Never use the same password that you would use in sensitive environments, e.g. the password used for electronic banking.
CHOICES ABOUT USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may “opt-out” of receiving promotional emails from Tanguito by following the instructions in those emails.
If your personal information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can request changes or access to your information by emailing [email protected].
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or delete your personal information, contact us at [email protected].
Forward to a friend / share: if you choose to use our referral service to forward one of our newsletters to a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically forward your friend the email as requested by you.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Although not many, our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Tanguito. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
We may from time to time post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain identifiable information, or publish, on our site, testimonials that you published elsewhere: e.g., a review on Google maps. If you wish to request that your testimonial be removed you may do so by emailing us at [email protected].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Tanguito may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you visit our website to understand how your personal information is used. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
Our obligations under the DPA & GDPR mean:
• Data is only ever used for the reasons it was gathered;
• Customers have the right to access any data we hold about them;
• We cannot release a person’s data without their express consent, unless there is a lawful reason for us to do so;
• We do not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary;
• All personal data is kept up-to-date as far as is possible;
• Customers have the right to request that any incorrect information is amended and to have their requests adhered to;
• Personal data is not transferred to parties outside of the European Economic Area unless the individual the data relates to has given their express consent, or unless there are adequate protections in place for the transference of this data;
• We have appropriate organisational and technical measures in place for the proper holding of personal data, including appropriate staff training and technical security features;
• We meet DPA requirements for our employees as well as for our customers and the general public.