Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Extreme corte
- Leaders: To make the follower go over the corte, make sure you gently twist your hip and open your chest backwards to create space for her.
- Followers: It might happen that you feel your foot is a bit stuck under the leader’s leg. In this case, use a little adornment, shuffling back and forth to reposition yourself before going over his leg.
Intermediated & up: Colgada from arrastre
- Leaders: During the arrastre, the follower should already feel more energy in your embrace, warning her that something different is coming.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your torso vertical, only send your hips outwards or it will be quite difficult to maintain your balance.
Intermediated & up: Colgada from the cross
- Leaders: To accumulate enough energy for this step, you need to make a rather large 2nd step leading into the cross. If you take a normal short step as for any salida, you will struggle to place the follower in a colgada.
- Followers: This step can be a bit scary, but let your right foot cross widely to enter into the colgada. Once in it, it is quite stable!
- Together: Try and get the feel of the colgada together. You should feel you need one another to keep your balance but should feel no strain in the arms.