Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Romantic step
- Leaders: Prepare the romantic step by placing your foot next to your partner’s as you lead her the ocho.
- Followers: Use proper dissociation technique – move the torso first, then the supporting leg, then the free leg.
Intermediates & up: Romantic step with backward exit
- Leaders: At the sandwich, bring your partner up and lead a backward ocho to exit the step.
- Followers: This is an excellent opportunity to have a “cuatro” adornment.
Intermediates & up: Milonguero dip
- Leaders: Make sure your torso stays still as you go up and down – don’t allow your torso to bend forward or backwards as you might lose your balance.
- Followers: During the giro, go around your partner tightly and at the dip, keep your knees together for the adonrment.
- Both: Practice going up and down using only your legs, and keeping your torso still.