This week marks the end of our Academic Term focusing on the Tango Dimension Interactions and on Malerba’s orchestra. Time to review what you’ve learned!
Tango Dimension: Interactions
In class, you’ve seen quite a few different concepts around the Tango Dimension Interactions, these steps where the feet or legs have contact: sandwiches, pasadas, paradas, enganches… Click on the links to have access to all the class notes and videos for a quick refresher.
- Sacadas from ochos.
- High sacadas – High sacadas are sacadas with thigh contact.
- Sanguchitos: From the simple sandwich to more complex back cross versions.
- Arrastres: Several versions of the classic foot sweep.
- Pasada & parada: Several versions of these airy steps.
- Combinations: Interactions can be combined so in this class we played with sacadas, sandwiches, pasadas…
- Ganchos and enganches: Simple and creative combinations for the dancefloor.
Orchestra of the month
Have a look at all the posts we have published this month on Malerba!
Next term programme – Mid December to End of December
Tango dimension: Size
Orchestra of the month: Edgardo Donato