Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
- Leaders: The lead is partially from your thigh pushing your partner’s and the dissociation from your chest.
- Followers: For the castigada, make sure you flick your free leg behind you.
Intermediates & up: High sacada leading to cross
- Leaders: This lead is mainly from the thigh. You need to make sure you catch your partner when she has her weight in the middle and from this point, invade her space with your thigh. If you miss the right moment, she will not cross – like any cross. Remember that it is easier for the follower to repeat several crosses than to exit the sequence, so when exiting, don’t forget to lift her gently and to pause.
- Followers: Once the leader has established contact with your thigh, make sure you maintain that pressure, in the same way that in an arrastre, you keep pressure on your partner’s foot.
- Leader: In couples, practice the timing for the castigada and the side cross.
- Follower: Practice the technique for the front boleo / castigada on your own, using a chair or the wall for (minimal) support.