Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
- Leaders: Please lead first the pivot keeping your shoulders horizontal, and then the corte, using a slight diagonal/downwards energy. These are two distinct leads.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your knees together as you get into the corte.
Beginners/Improvers: Corte and pasada
- Leaders: To lead the pasada, open your shoulder sharply to the left.
- Followers: Try and keep your feet on the floor at the pasada, and go around your partner’s foot as opposed to above.
Intermediates & up: Backcross and leader’s giro
- Leaders: Maintain your axis in a constant position and avoid swaying side to side or back and forth as it will make it difficult to keep your balance otherwise.
- Followers: Make you keep on turning around your partner at constant speed.
- Leader: Try and practice the first sequence using only 8 beats, to get used to the tango phrasing.
- Follower: Practice the quick giro on your own, turning around a chair or something smaller to make sure you are always staying at the same distance.