Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Change of lane with soft boleo
- Leaders: For the little boleo, you need to lead your partner to pivot towards you and then lead her backwards immediately.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your knees and feet together at the boleo and refrain from putting weight down on your free leg.
Intermediates & up: Boleo to the right “al piso”
- Leaders: The dissociation should be sharp and shallow. No need to shove your partner around or to put too much energy! Boleos are all about timing and not so much about strength.
- Followers: Try and get a whip-like motion by blocking your pivoting foot and then doing the boleo.
Intermediates & up: Upwards boleo with left leg
- Leaders: Once again, the key to this step is the timing and not the strength. You should focus on bringing your partner back from the ocho and not so much on giving her energy as she goes backwards.
- Followers: Make sure your knees are together and your foot is pointed before you lift.
- Leader: Practice the enrosque and lapiz on your own.
- Follower: Practice the giro.