Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Forward ocho
- Leaders: Make sure you dissociate first and the step together with your partner, whilst keeping your dissociation.
- Followers: Make sure you don’t change weight in the pivots. You should be stepping with the leg close to your partner.
Intermediates & up: Deep sacada in forward ocho
- Leaders: The sacada is created when you change your weight forward.
- Followers: Make sure you feel the leaders transfer of axis so that you step together in the invasion.
- All: No matter which level you’re at, it always pays to work on the technique of something as fundamental as the forward ocho.