Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Backward ocho
- Leaders: Make sure you dissociate first and the step together with your partner, whilst keeping your dissociation.
- Followers: Make sure you don’t change weight in the pivots. You should be stepping with the leg far to your partner.
Intermediates & up: Double backward ocho
- Leaders: You can lift your partner to make sure she can keep the speed.
- Followers: Try and do 2 nice ochos with a proper step and pivots. Try and not merge the moves.
Intermediates & up: Mini giro
- Leaders: Open the chest to the left to lead the mini giro.
- Followers: Stay on the ball of the feet to maintain the speed.
- All: No matter which level you’re at, it always pays to work on the technique of something as fundamental as the backward ocho.