Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Giro
- Leaders: To lead the giro, you need to make sure you dissociate properly, e.g. that your shoulder is behind your hip line. Try and pivot in this position and cancel your dissociation only when you want to come out of the step.
- Followers: Make sure you remember your sequence of steps – forward / side / back / side.
Intermediates & up: Giro and planeo
- Leaders: Try and build as much dissociation as you can before starting the planeo.
- Followers: Make sure you continue to walk steadily around the leader at constant speed and keeping the same distance from him.
Intermediates & up: Planeo for leaders
- Leaders: Open the chest to the left to lead the mini giro.
- Followers: Stay on the ball of the feet to maintain the speed and again, try and keep the same distance to your partner.
- All: No matter which level you’re at, it always pays to work on the technique of something as fundamental as the giro. For leaders, work on the technique of the basic giro to improve your dissocation. For the followers, work on the basic square structure.