Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Promenade & adornment
- Leaders: Dissociate to lead the ocho and from this position, keep on pulling backwards with your left shoulder.
- Followers: We rarely have the chance to go forward, so go for it: own the space. You can do lots of adornments in this step as you have lots of space in front of you: pique, back crosses, cha cha…
Intermediates & up: Little back crosses & rebounds
- Leaders: To lead this step, you need to sway a bit and pull your hips back so that your follower feels she has space to cross.
- Followers: For the back cross, make sure you keep the foot of the leg that crosses flat on the floor and that you change your weight immediately as you cross.
- Beginners & improvers: For leaders, practice the “clock” footwork on your own. Followers, practice the forward walk with the pique adornment.
- Intermediates & up: Practice front and back crosses on your own. You should remain on the beat, and not move from where you are.