All classes are drop-in without booking and no partner is needed. All classes are all followed by a practica or milonga, a great opportunity to practice what you’ve learned, ask questions, grab us for a step or two or simply socialise.
No booking and no partner is needed for group classes.
|Wednesdays – Every week||Sundays – Twice a month|
|Beginner & improver class:
Intermediate & up class :
Guided practica – social dancing:
Beginner & improver class:
Intermediate & up class :
Milonga and tea dance:
|Check the dates of our next classes & milonga|
|PRICE: Beginner class: £12 | Intermediate class: £16 | 2 consecutive classes: £20 | Sunday milonga: £8 | Wednesday practica: “a la gorra” – voluntary contribution|
The first class is only £10 and if you pre-pay for group classes, you’ll be in for a nice discount.
In our classes, you’ll find…
- A fun and relaxed atmosphere.
- A yearly curriculum which you can join at any time and original teaching tools such as class summary videos.
- Structured lessons to help you intuitively grasp the concepts we cover.
- The perfect mix between essential technique and creative exploration of tango dancing.
- Discovery of tango culture and music, a passionate and fascinating universe in itself.
- No need to bring a partner.
- The study of different energies, steps and concepts to help you create your own choreographies.
- You can drop by any time – there is no “first” and “last” class, there are all independent although we recommend you come regularly to make the most of our structured curriculum.
Our approach to teaching
We teach with an original technique using modern tools to produce happy, shiny, dancy people. Our group and private lessons are fun, relaxed and structured to make you progress quickly, regardless of your previous dance experience. Ultimately, we want you to become great to watch, and even greater to dance with.
|We focus on helping you build your own sequences of steps, so that you learn to dance to the music and develop your tango ‘self’ inside out.|
- Self awareness: couple dancing starts with both partners having a good awareness of their own body positioning. In class, we will solidify your tango technique, including posture and walking.
- Connection: dancing tango is like having a wordless conversation with your partner. In our intermediate classes, we delve into different embraces and various energies and concepts to establish an efficient and smooth communication with your partner through the art of leading & following.
- Expression: in class, we study different techniques and energies and help you link steps up together yourself to create your own choreographies. We also hold regular “musicality” classes, where we look at various ways of interpreting the music and varying rhythms. You will soon feel that you are able to “play” with the music. We don’t believe in teaching routines and will instead help you develop your tango creativity.
- Authenticity: we simply love tango music and history and have been told our passion is contagious. In all our classes, we introduce a new orchestra every 2 months so that you get you used to different rhythms. We also translate songs – it is always a bonus to dance on a song when you understand whether to laugh or to cry. We also give tips about how to best enjoy milongas, these atmospheric tango parties where everything comes together like magic.
- Space management: We’ll work on developing your spacial awareness to help you dance in tune with the room and easily manage the line of dance. That’s the best way to make you “milonga-ready”!