Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Change of lane
- Leaders: To lead the follower to change lane, you need to dissociate very clearly to the side.
- Followers: Although you are walking to the side of your partner, your torso should still be facing him.
Beginners/Improvers: Follower’s little boleo and leader’s cross combination
- Leaders: For the little boleo, you need to lead your partner to pivot towards you and then lead her backwards immediately.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your knees and feet together at the boleo and refrain from putting weight down on your free leg.
Intermediates & up: Half giro with enrosque
- Leaders: Make sure wait for your partner to complete her side step to do the enrosque. You need her energy to complete the turn.
- Followers: You’ll need to be able to do a giro without any push or shove from the leader to complete the giro with enrosque.
Intermediates & up: Full giro with enrosque & lapiz
- Leaders: You’ll need to have turned 360 degrees before extending the leg for the lapiz. You should extend the leg when the follower starts her backward ocho.
- Followers: Make sure you can draw a tidy square around the leader, always stepping at the same pace.
- Leader: Practice the enrosque and lapiz on your own.
- Follower: Practice the giro.