Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Enganche from the americana
- Leaders: Ensure you have hip to hip contact before leading the lean / enganche or she won’t have enough support to do the step.
- Followers: Make sure you engage your core muscles to remain light during the lean.
Intermediates: Enganche from the cross
- Leaders: Place your foot next to hers to have the right position for the enganche.
- Followers: In this step, you are a bit off axis.
Intermediates: Enganche from forward ocho
- Leaders: Put your foot down after the follower has stepped or she might step on you!
- Followers: Control the energy coming out of the enganche especially if he leads a couple.
- Together: Try any of these enganches, slowly. Leaders, try and feel the circular energy from the lead. Follower, keep your foot on the floor and only lift your foot and bend your leg when you feel your partner’s leg. Enganches are “wraps” so your leg needs to wrap around his. If you just bend your leg at any random point, it is not a wrap anymore.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno