Milonguita, the milonga for beginners, now runs after our Beginners class, from 3.00 to 5.00pm every time our main milonga (Los Angelitos) runs on Sundays – that is, almost every week! Check our milonga schedule now.
Designed for those who 2 left feet…
Learning steps in class is great, but milongas are truly magic and Milonguita is a friendly, non-threatening practica where you can practice what you’ve studied in class. As a major side benefit, you’ll meet new faces, soak in the atmosphere of a real milonga and discover the true essence of tango. No doubt you’ll be hooked…
Don’t forget to invite your tango friends! Happy dancing!
To make the experience of the milonga as enjoyable as possible, here are a few things to consider:
– Gentlemen, be as gentle as you can be in your lead (unless you’re dancing with G.I. Jane, that is).
– In Milonguita both gentlemen AND ladies can invite one another. You can even swap roles!
– It’s perfectly OK to decline an invitation, but please do it with a big, warm smile!
– When dancing, try and stay in the line of dance as much as you can.
– When not dancing, try and not cross the dancefloor or obstruct the line of dance.
Milonguita is in a separate hall so don’t fret, you won’t have to compete against uber-advanced dancers. Only if you want to!
» 2:00 – 3:00pm: Beginner & improver class. Learn new steps, how to manage the dance floor, and develop the skills to enjoy milongas.
» 3:00 – 5.00pm: Milonguita. Happy dancing in the Milonguita hall. You can join the main hall at any time. Drinks are available.
» ENTRY: £12 for beginner class and afternoon of dancing
Closest underground & overground stations:
- Highbury & Islington tube (Victoria line, Overground): 5 min walk
- Angel tube (Northern line): 6~7 min walk
- Essex Road station (national rail): 5 min walk
Closest bus stops:
Nearest stop (one minute away) is the Islington Town Hall, 4, 19, 30, 43, N19, N41
Plan your journey with the Transport for London web site.
Parking Near New Unity Church: Pay and Display parking is available on a number of streets near to Unity church. Parking regulations are in place from 8.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30am to 1.30pm Saturdays. Charges vary between £3 and £4 per hour. Length of stay is limited to between 1 and 4 hours.
New Unity Church, 277A Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 2TZ.