We have just completed our Academic Term focusing on the Tango Dimension Axis and on De Angelis orchestra. Time to review what you’ve learned!
Tango Dimension: Axis
In class, you’ve seen quite a few different concepts around the AXIS dimension. Click on the links to have access to all the class notes and videos for a quick refresher.
- Pasadas: Several pasada variants from the backward ocho.
- Lifts & stumbles: Romantic lift from the corte and stumble backwards.
- Volcadas: Volcadas are steps where partners lean in towards one another. In this class, we saw a playful volcadita and a volcada from a planeo.
- Colgadas: Colgadas are steps where partners “hang” from one another. In this class, we saw a simple colgada from an arrastre and a dramatic one from the cross.
- Single axis turns: Starting from the sandwich little turn, we explored several versions of single axis turns.
Orchestra of the month
- Tango tanda featuring Pavadita – romantic and smooth.
- Tango tanda featuring Marioneta – rythmical and energetic.
- Pregonera song translation.
- Remolino song translation.
Next term programme – June
Tango dimension: Energy
Tango dimension: Ricardo Malerba