This week marks the end of our Academic Term focusing on the Tango Dimension Speed and on the orchestra directed by Juan D’Arienzo. Time to review what you’ve learned!
Tango Dimension: Speed
In class, you’ve seen quite a few different concepts around the Tango Dimension Speed.
- Speed fundamentals: In this class, we set out the basics of changing speed.
- Melodic orchestras: Planeos, planeos, planeos!
- Melodic orchestras II: Changes of front.
- Rhythmic orchestras: Changes of weight in a box, giros and baby ochos.
- Cross – speed and musicality: From the basic to different versions with various musicalities and techniques, including that of the empujadita.
- Changing speeds: Rebounds & cadencias.
Orchestra of the month – Juan D’Arienzo
- Tango tanda featuring la catrera.
- Tango tanda featuring Paciencia.
- Orchestra fact The piano…
- Milonguero viejo song translation.
- Vals tanda featuring Amor y celo.
- Milonga tanda featuring Milonga vieja.
- Selection of playful tandas.
Next term programme – April
Tango dimension: Immersion
Orchestra of the month: No orchestra of the month as we’ll study steps from famous dancers and will be dancing on each couple’s favourite orchestra.