Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Sandwich from grapevine with arrastre
- Leaders: To create the arrastre, you need to position your foot at least 15 cm away from the followers’, otherwise it will just be a back sandwich and not an arrastre.
- Followers: As in every corte, make sure your weight in on the back leg. However keep your torso a bit forward to your partner and don’t do any back bend.
For more details about the sandwich for beginners, you can have a look at this class note & video.
Intermediate: Back sandwich with arrastre
- Leaders: Don’t extend your leg too far in the arrastre or your partner might lose her balance.
- Followers: Try and control the transfer of axis with smooth movements from the ankle of your back leg.
- Followers: Practise the back crosses on your own or with a partner, making sure your big toe stays on the floor during the whole move. The back cross sandwich requires a wider cross than normally as you need to back cross and sandwich his foot at the same time, so there needs to be space between your two feet for his.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno