Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners / Improvers: Entry to the ocho
- Leaders: First lead the pivot and then the change of weight by gently pushing your partner outward.
- Followers: Keep your feet together during the pivot so that your change of weight looks nice and tidy.
Intermediates and up: Entry to the ocho and boleo
- Leaders: For the boleo, make sure that with your dissociation, you “invade” your partner’s space a bit more than for a normal ocho.
- Followers: Your left hip should be slightly more forward than your right hip to create space for your leg and foot.
- Leaders: Try and imagine ways to integrate the entry to the ocho within your current repertoire of steps.
- Followers: Practise the forward boleo on your own, with the right positioning of the free leg and foot.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno