Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Rebound into americana
- Leaders: At the Americana, don’t forget to slide your arm on the back of your partner, otherwise you’ll end up in quite an uncomfortable position.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your torso nicely dissociated towards your partner to maintain a strong connection.
Beginners & improvers: Rebound into americana with skating (a bit nuevo!)
- Leaders: This is a rather strange step where both partners go in the same direction with the same leg. Make sure you are on the correct foot compared to where your partner is and don’t overuse the step!
- Followers: Extend your leg forward fully in this step.
Intermediates: Americana into giro
- Leaders: In this step, the transfer of axis is a bit tricky. At the Americana, you should you your axis quite forward otherwise your partner might step on your toes as she takes her side step. At her next step however, you need to have your axis a bit backwards to reach out to touch her foot before your back enrosque.
- Followers: Make sure your steps all have equal size around your partner, in a nicely shaped square.
- Leaders: Practice the back enrosque movement on your own. You need to be able to do it on your own before doing it with your partner.
- Followers: Practice your giros – draw a square with your feet and a circle with your torso. The movement should be fluid with no interruptions.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno