Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Corte and cadena
- Leaders: For the cadena, lead a corte to your right (a bit unusual), and start your sandwich with your right foot (again, a bit unusual).
- Followers: Really bring your knees together at the corte, the right knee should be “hiding” behind the left one.
Intermediates / Advanced: Twirling planeo
- Leaders: Keep the dissociation active during the planeo, and make sure you walk around your partner as much as possible, so as not to pull her out of axis.
- Followers: Keep your core muscles engaged, and push down with your left arm to create a stronger connection on the closed side of the embrace.
Intermediates / Advanced: Cadena
- Both: Don’t forget to collect your feet at each pivot to avoid the “John Wayne” look!
- Both: Listen to the song “Nada” by Di Sarli and try and predict when the music is speeding up and slowing down.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno