Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Planeo from backward & forward ocho
- Leaders: Before entering the planeo, change your embrace to hold your partner tigther. Make sure your partner puts a bit of weight on you and avoid stepping too close to her or you’ll both topple over.
- Followers: Try and lean a bit against your partner’s shoulder to help him feel where your axis is. Engage your core muscles to make the step easier.
Intermediates: Planeos on both legs
- Leaders: From the initial planeo, you need to dissociate to make your partner step forward and transfer her weight to the other leg.
- Followers: When changing legs, first extend the free leg and then bend it as you transfer your weight.
Intermediates Plus: Leader planeo
- Leaders: Keep the dissociation of your left shoulder constantly active or your partner will stop turning around you.
- Followers: Try and feel where your partner’s axis is to turn around it as smoothly as possible.
- Leaders: Practise walking backwards in a nice circle. It is more difficult than it seems!
- Followers: Practise the position of the planeos on your own with the adornments. Watch your posture and engage your core.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno