Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Giro from backward ocho
- Leaders: To lead the follower to go backwards, make sure you bring your right shoulder a bit forward for the pivot. If not, the follower might understand she needs to go forward instead.
- Followers: Try and draw a nice square with your feet whilst keeping your torso and face towards your partner at all times.
Intermediates & up: Double boleo with sacada
- Leaders: The first boleo is facilitated by a high sacada (at thigh level). However, it is not the leg contact that creates the boleo, it is the lead from the torso.
- Followers: Make sure you keep your knees together in the boleo sequence.
Intermediates & up: Giro with sacadas and boleo sequence
- Leaders: Make sure you step on time for each sacada or you won’t be in time for the boleos.
- Followers: Keep your core muscles engaged and your torso still as you do the boleos. Don’t let the velocity of the legs move your torso in every direction.
- Leader: Practice the sacadas footwork for the giros on your own.
- Follower: Practice the boleo sequence on your own.