Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Corte and exit on leader’s right leg
- Leader: Once your partner steps over your extended leg, transfer your weight on your right leg and pivot with her.
- Follower: Try and pivot using dissociation so that you don’t pull your partner off axis.
Intermediates & up: Rebound and change of front
- Both: To lead the change of front, you need to use dissociation as you come back from the rebound. If not, your partner might only do a rebound followed by a side step, as opposed to the nice adornment you’re after.
- Both: For the adornment, remember to bring the knees facing the same direction and then pivot.
Intermediates & up: Change of front from Americana
- Leaders: To make this easy for you, in short you are leading 3 steps of a giro – forward/side/back followed by the change of front.
- Followers: This step might have a slight change of height – lower at the americana and normal height at the giro – depending on how the lead feels to you.
- Beginners: Practice together the moment when you’re both pivoting together to exit the corte – slowly and with control.
- Intermediates and up: To get the gist of the change of front, practice the rebound and change of front slowly together.