Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Planeo from backward or forward ocho
- Leaders: For both planeos, you need to swing your hips so that you can walk backwards around your partner. Do not try and walk sideways, it makes things much harder.
- Followers: Engage your core muscles and your shoulder blades to make yourself stable.
Intermediates & up: Planeo with off axis
- Leaders: Make sure you establish contact with the chest before taking your partner off axis and be ready to carry her weight as you walk backwards.
- Followers: Core muscles, core muscles, core muscles!
Intermediates & up: Planeo on both legs
- Leaders: To make your partner change from one leg to the other, you need to take her slightly off axis laterally.
- Followers: This is a bit of a strange lead, so as always, be open minded!.
- Leaders: Practice walking backwards around a chair, always maintaining the same distance.
- Followers: Practice your adornments.