Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Mordida and sandwich in line
- Leaders: To catch your partner’s foot, you need to bring your second leg forward quickly.
- Followers: Try and feel whether you should have your back leg straight or bent in the mordida; it depends on the lead.
Intermediates / Advanced: Change of direction at the cross
- Leaders: To indicate the change of direction and for your partner not to change weight you need to dissociate and lift your partner at the same time. If you don’t lift her, she might change her weight to her front leg.
- Followers: At the cross, we should automatically transfer our weight on to our front leg. However if our partner lifts us, then this means that we should keep our weight on the back leg instead.
Intermediates / Advanced: Giro with sacada and soft boleo
- Leaders: To lead the soft boleo, keep your weight on your front leg; you should end up in an americana position.
- Followers: At the boleo, make sure you keep your knees together and find the “rebound” that will create the whip effect.
- Leaders: The mordida is a really cool step to change energy. Try and practise it on your own.
- Followers: In the video, you can see quite a few adornments for the sequence of today. You can try practising the sequence with and without the adorments.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno