Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Pasada/Parada combination
- Leaders: To lead the pasada, make sure you return the follower to her axis and lift her. With your embrace, you should gently lift your partner, open your chest to the side and then “drop” her. Your movement should look like a little bridge or an inverted U.
- Followers: At the pasada, make sure you point your foot and orient your knee away from your partner.
Intermediated & up: Pasada from back foot
- Leaders: Lead a large pivot before entering into the pasada or the follower’s back foot will be too far for you to reach at the parada.
- Followers: Make sure you return to your axis as you go over the pasada. Do not stay with your torso forward or you might lose your balance.
- Leaders: Practice the “inverted U” lead on your own.
- Followers: Practice the pasada move on your own to make sure you can point your foot, and lift your knee away from your partner. Try and return your foot to the floor as soon as possible – only lift to go over the foot and then finish the side step with your foot sliding on the floor.