Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & Improvers: Follower walks around the leader
- Leaders: Make sure you keep the lead from your torso clear by dissociating. You might need to use compression from the hands to lead the back pivot.
- Followers: Dissociate first and then pivot your hips. In pivots, the movement of the lower body starts from the heel: kick your heel to generate the pivot.
Intermediates: Pivot in close embrace
- Leaders: To keep the close embrace, you might need to place your axis a bit backwards. Pulling your hips backwards will help you achieve this.
- Followers: Step close to the leader in order not to pull him of axis.
Intermediates: Entry to giro
- Leaders: Back cross as the follower steps backwards to prepare for the giro.
- Followers: Make sure you continue to turn in the giro until you feel the leader stops you.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno