Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Planeo from forward ocho
- Leaders: As the follower steps forward, make sure you ground her gently to prevent her from collecting her feet. The planeo will look nicer if she can place her free leg in an adornment.
- Followers: Please keep your shoulders down and contract your core muscles to make sure the leader can feel where your axis is.
Beginners/Improvers: Planeo from backward ocho
- Leaders: As in any planeo, make sure you go around your follower in a nice circle. When you step with the left leg, be aware that you might have the tendency to step away from your partner, so you might need to compensate by pivoting a bit each time.
- Followers: This planeo creates many adornment opportunities with the left leg. You can cross at the front or do little circles or play with lapiz and enrosques (more advanced).
Intermediates & up: Planeo from sentada
- Leaders: You need to close the embrace tightly at the side step or you won’t be able to create the connection needed for the planeo.
- Followers: Squeeze your legs together, really keep your shoulders down and your torso straight. This is not an easy position to maintain, there’s no denying it!
- Leader: Practice turning around backwards, preferably on double time.
- Follower: Learn to balance on one leg comfortably with your core engaged and your shoulders down.