Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Corte both sides and little turn
- Leaders: For the little turn, make sure your foot is not too far in – keep your toes with the follower’s toes and rotate your foot with her.
- Followers: For the little turn, try and bring your feet together around the leader’s foot.
Intermediates & up: Linear volcada from back cross
- Leaders: To lead the back cross, you’ll need to move your axis back and then forward. Once the follower is in the back cross, lift her gently with your back hand and confidently walk backwards.
- Followers: For any volcada, make sure you anchor your heel into the floor, engage your core muscles and your arms to carry your weight comfortably and not collapse.
Intermediates & up: Linear volcada from the right leg
- Leaders: To make sure your partner’s foot touches yours, you need to open your right foot.
- Followers: Extend your right leg straight in front of you and don’t cross over or you won’t touch your partner’s foot.
- Beginners: Leaders: practice your footwork on your own. Followers: Practice pivoting with your feet together using dissociation.
- Intermediates: Hard to practice the volcadas on your own so you’ll have to practice the move with a partner.