Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Cross and 360-degree turn
- Leaders: The key for this step is to go diagonal after the cross and to lead the follower to also go diagonal.
- Followers: Don’t be afraid to go forward and to step close to the leader. Don’t try and avoid him.
Intermediates & up: Pivot to the right
- Leaders: Make sure you lead your partner to step closely to you.
- Followers: Control your moves so that your steps look fluid and elegant.
Intermediates & up: Pivot and change of front
- Leaders: After the change of front, you need to lead the follower to step to your left, otherwise it will be very difficult for you to use the external lane.
- Followers: For the change of front, make sure the two legs move in a synchronised maner.
- All: Practice pivoting on your own, 180 degrees, both legs, both directions, using dissociation.