Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Ocho cortado
- Leaders: The musicality of the cortado is quick-quick-slow, quick-quick-slow. Try and practise this rhythm.
- Followers: To get into the cross, try and first pivot, then do the cross. Make sure you point your foot at each rebound.
Beginners & improvers: Giro and cortado combination
- Leaders: To lead the giro, you need to continuously open your shoulder to create space for your partner.
- Followers: Half beat giros are made of small steps, so no need to try this step with big steps as you won’t be able to manage.
- Leader: Practise the footwork of the cortado / giro on your own. You’ll need to master it on your own before being able to lead the step to your partner.
- Follower: Practise quick giros on double time. The giro should still be smooth, with no stop-and-go effect and you should only turn 180 degree in total.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno