Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Castigada
- Leaders: It is easier to lead the castigada if you establish contact between your thigh and the follower’s.
- Followers: The flick of the leg is behind you, think of it as a linear motion and not a circular one.
Intermediates: 360-degree pivot from a sentada
- Leaders: As you send your partner backward to enter the step, you need to go in a slight diagonal forward to establish a better connection.
- Followers: In the sentada, make sure you keep your hips roughly leveled or you might lose your balance.
Intermediates: 360-degree pivot from the external lane
- Leaders: When you enter the figure with your side step, make sure your step is slightly longer than hers. It will be easier for the follower to turn around you if you step wider than her.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno