Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners/Improvers: Ocho with sacada
- Leaders: Try and lead your partner into a diagonal. If she steps too close to you, it will be quite difficult to do the sacada.
- Followers: Try and take nice long steps.
Intermediates & up: Cross with sharp pivot
- Leaders: Try and take a longer step right before the follower’s cross, so that you have more leadway to lead her with more energy.
- Followers: Depending on the lead, this might feel like a cross and a pivot or just a pivot. Just follow what you feel.
Intermediates & up: Giro with planeo
- Leaders: You need to close the embrace tightly at the side step or you won’t be able to create the connection needed for the planeo.
- Followers: Keep your leg straight and to the side during the planeo.
- Together: Practice the ocho with sacada or giro with sacada slowly together, feeling the weight in the middle of your two feet and then the gradual transfer of axis forward.