Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Basic cross (with no side step)
- Leader: The cross can only be led if you have dissociated towards your partner as you took your step to the cross. See this move as your “ammunition” to lead the cross. On your second step forward after changing lane, cancel your dissociation in a decisive manner to lead the cross.
- Follower: When crossing, remember to immediately transfer your weight onto your front leg and wait for your partner to exit.
Intermediates & up: Repeat cross
- Leader: In this step, what’s more important is to send the follower’s right leg in a diagonal and the cross will then happen more naturally.
- Follower: Make sure you keep the timing of your crosses sharp.
Intermediates & up: Cross with “empujadita”
- Leaders: For this lead, you need to first establish thigh contact with your partner. See it as a high sacada.
- Followers: Try and stay with your axis forward in the crosses.
- Beginners: Leaders, practice the lead for the cross on your own. Remember the timing is important. Followers, practice crossing with your feet neatly together and as parallel as possible.
- Intermediates and up: Practice the empujadita together.