Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Back cross for the leader
- Leaders: Change weight on the half beat to keep your partner walking without interruption on the beat. Make sure you know whether you are in parallel or cross system when you exit the step.
- Followers: Try and elongate your steps to make the sequence pretty. You can do small adornments as the leader is walking to your side and you have space.
Beginners & improvers: Change of weight in a box
- Both: Make sure you bring your feet together when you change weight.
Intermediates / Advanced: Simultaneous crosses
- Both: To make this step more impactful, you don’t need to slide your feet on the floor. Just step for the cross and it will make the move more crisp.
- Leader: Doing the back cross from the beginner class is harder than it looks. Practise in front of a mirror to make sure your foot stays flat on the floor so that you can immediately transfer your weight on the back leg.
- Follower: Practise the back cross / uncross from the intermediate class, so that you can make sure you don’t end up with your small toe on the floor.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno