Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & improvers: Arrastre in line of both partners
- Leaders: When sharing the axis, try and close the embrace a bit more to be more balanced. It will be quite difficult to share axis in open embrace.
- Followers: When you sweep your partner’s foot, try and keep your foot pointed and go from a straight leg, bend and extend again at the end of the sweep.
Intermediates: Arrastre into the cross
- Leaders: Use the grounding technique from the embrace to delay your partner’s cross. If not, she might cross too quickly and you will struggle to catch her foot.
- Followers: Pay attention to how quickly the leader transfers his weight, this will give you a hint about how quickly your move should be.
- Both: Arrastres are slightly strange steps and if not executed correctly, they can make you look like Frankenstein! Practise any or all of these arrastres on your own, practising the details, e.g. foot pointed, leg straight at the beginning, then bent, then straight again. Do not keep your leg straight all the time or you will end up looking like you’re limping.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno