Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
- Leaders: To keep in time, only focus on your left leg: it should step on every beat. If you focus on your left leg, your right leg will automatically close on the half beat.
- Followers: Step forward with confidence, around your partner. For the adornments, make sure you point your foot before tapping.
Intermediates & up: Rebounds and changes of direction
- Leaders: You’ll need to lead two rebounds to the follower. At the first one, you’ll need to prep in order to be ready for your own pivot. In the second one, you’ll need to make sure your chest doesn’t move as you pivot or she will move with you.
- Followers: This is a delicate lead, so try and not anticipate and follow what you feel. In the rebounds, always drop your heel slowly. In your steps, always pass by the middle.
Intermediates & up: Pivots on two feet for the follower and enrosque for the leader
- Leaders: You’ll need to lead your partner to pivot first and then catch up with your own pivot and enrosque.
- Followers: Make sure you always pass by the middle, e.g. with weight on two feet otherwise this step will be impossible to lead. First pivot your torso, then your hips beyond your torso.
- Leader: Practice the moves for the promenade – they can be tricky. Practice staying on half beat and also opening and neatly closing your feet.
- Follower: Practice walking and passing by the middle, eg start with weight on one leg, then pass by the middle point with weight exactly on two legs and then transfer to the other leg.