Every week, you’ll find on our blog class notes and a summary video from our Wednesday and Sunday tango group classes.
These video and notes are meant to help our students remember what they’ve done in class.
Beginners & Improvers: Pivot in sandwich
- Leaders: The movement from your torso to lead the pivot needs to be coordinated with the movement from your foot which enables the pivot. If your foot stays static, you’re blocking your partner and she won’t be able to pivot.
- Followers: Keep your knees and heels together at the sandwich and during the pivot.
Intermediates: “Invasion” to lead a lateral cross
- Leaders: To lead the cross, hold the partner tightly and walk forward into her space. This “invasion” will create her cross.
- Followers: Be a bit open-minded! This is a bit unusual but if you let the leader come to your space, the only natural response to this lead is to cross.
Intermediates: “Retreat” to lead a lateral cross
- Leaders: Do not dissociate to lead the cross or your partner will pivot. Instead use slight transfer of axis forward and backward.
See you soon on the dancefloor,
Nati y Bruno