We have just completed our Academic Term focusing on the Tango Dimension Immersion and on Old School Milongueros. Time to review what you’ve learned!
Tango Dimension: Immersion
In class, you’ve seen quite a few different concepts around the IMMERSION dimension. Click on the links to have access to all the class notes and videos for a quick refresher.
- Osvaldo & Coca – Los Perez: Little steps from these two amazing couples.
- Special workshop – Giros and counter giro.
- Special workshop – Milonga.
- Special workshop – Vals.
- Steps from the Great Maestros: In this class, we focused on steps by Osvaldo & Coca, Carlos y Rosa Perez, Petaca.
- Pupi Castillo: Various steps inspired by this great milonguero, including a sacada with amazing footwork for the leader.
- El Negro Portalea: famous for is cadencia, this amazing dancer inspired us creative variants around the ocho and back cross..
- El Turco Jose: We explored in depth his famous “entry to the ocho”.
- Review: Medley of our favourite steps
Videos from old school milongueros
- Carlos & Rosa Perez: Interview, improvised dance.
- Osvaldo & Coca Cartery: Interview, improvised dance.
- Pupi Castillo: Performances with Geraldine Rojas, Luciana Valle and Graziela Gonzalez.
- El Negro Portalea: Performances.
- El Turco Jose Brahemcha: Performances.
Next term programme – May
Tango dimension: Axis
Tango dimension: De Angelis